Here's the basics of how it works.
I have a website with a LOT of people who stop by and read articles. I'm the central focal point of dozens of small businesses. I want to send my customers to buy things from you, and in exchange, I want you to send your customers to buy things from me and my other clients. None of us are competing with each other, we're all here for each other. It's like a big, happy family that helps each other out and shares thousands if not millions of customers among each other.
My clients have a large array of skills and businesses, each with special needs, but also each with several needs in common. By pooling our resources, we can share the burden we have in common, and because it's my business to grow your business as fast as I can, I help you out with your individual needs too.
I provide several things:
• A popular, up-to-date, central website with lots of traffic eager to buy,
• An informational webpage of your own so your customers know everything of importance about you,
• A web address
• Access to my ever-growing repertoire of advertising and business knowledge,
• Direct assistance with your website if you want it,
• I do most of the hard internet work so you can focus on serving your customers,
• I advertise you around the internet,
• I find reviews on Yahoo and Google already written about you and point them to you,
• You don't have to spend many hours a day and many dollars a month getting and maintaining a website
It's not just a new way to advertise. I'm different from traditional advertising because I don't ask for money until you make some. Try that with a billboard or magazine ad.
I'm different from a traditional business advisor because I have different resources and I don't ask for as much.
I do not replace either of these, I make them more effective so you don't have to rely on them as much. And since I don't get paid until you get paid, you know I'm going to do everything I can to boost your business. I want your money, but I want you to feel guilty about giving me so little of it.
Of course, increasing your business growth rate isn't free. Websites cost time and money, and can be complicated to set up, but I've got that covered. Getting the word out about you and gathering together all the online resources is very time-consuming too. I do expect to get paid. But there's something else I need from you too.
To get all that internet traffic to my website, I have to offer our mutual customers something important. I have to give them something. I give them information. Interesting and helpful articles to read. Articles you write. Instead of having to spend many hours a day managing your website, instead you spend about an hour a MONTH to write an article about something you know about. At the end of it, you attach a coupon or something for your readers to bring to you to prove they read the article. You request people consider you for the needs you can fulfill, and reading the article is what gets their interest in you.
I'm going to list a few examples from among some of the friends I've got.
• One is a modestly-famous comedian. His fans want to know his schedule so they can watch his shows. They want to read articles from him about how he got started, what it takes to be a comedian today, what kinds of places he's been to for shows, who he's met.
• Another is an auto mechanic who fixes his friends' cars and wants to turn it into a business. Plenty of people would like to know some simple tips on preventative maintenance, fuel economy, what that funny noise is, how to tell if the shop you're at is ripping you off or giving you a great deal.
• Another makes dog accessories. She'll talk about her dogs, how to take care of different breeds, what the latest fashions in collars are, where to get the best dog food, which people-foods are safe to feed them, and so on.
• Another is a real estate agent. She'll tell people what to look for in a new house, how to get the most resale value out of your current house, where the good markets are, where the bad markets are, what kind of lawn decorations improve the value of your home.
• Another is a recording editor who has his own regular podcast serial. He'll talk about what kind of equipment he's got, how to manage your own talk show, how to keep your guests in line and on topic, how to get editing gigs.
• Another is going to run for Governor. He'll talk about his political platform, how to tell when politicians are lying, how to register to vote, what kinds of solutions are going to be required to get the country back on track.
• Another is an insurance agent. He'll demystify the process and terminology of getting health and life insurance, help you figure out how much insurance you need, talk about how to get insurance if you're having a hard time getting it.
• And the last one I'm going to mention is a restaurant owner and mother of 2. She'll talk how to eat healthy, what it's like to be an entrepreneurial mother, how she got her business started, how she plans on building it into a national chain.
All these disparate business owners and many more can come together, support each other, and write about their experiences. Some of them will be able to offer a simple discount to their customers, others will have to think of something a little more inventive, but all of them will profit by banding together and advertising each other and letting me do most of the work.
In addition to writing an article once or twice a month, and offering your customers some incentive to buy something from you, you're also going to send your customers to my site, where everyone else gets a shot at them. Think about having your customer base multiplied by 30 literally overnight! For some businesses, this will be obvious. A prominent link on your website. A link on your menus. A link on your business cards. For others, we'll have to be more inventive.
And then, of course, there's money. Once you start making more money than you would have without me, I want a small cut of it. How we figure that out depends on how your business works.
I want you to succeed, because then I succeed. And when I succeed, then everyone succeeds. You help me pump up my website, I help you pump up your business, and our mutual customers turn to us first to satisfy all their consumer needs.
When you're ready to sign up, I'll tell you what I need you to do to get started.
Welcome to the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.